Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Before Leaving...

I will be in Cape Town, South Africa for 46 days. I leave on January 11th and will return on February 27th. I am participating in a volunteer program called Cross Cultural Solutions (crossculturalsolutions.org). CCS is an international volunteer program with a global infrastructure that supports over 4,000 international volunteers each year and over 250 sustainable community initiatives. More than 250 CCS in-country staff members are working year-round, ensuring that participants are volunteering with a project that interests them and contributing directly to the goals of each community.

While in Cape Town, I will be volunteering each day at a non-profit organization called Sibanye. It is a NGO set up in the township that sells crafts to support those who are living withHIV/AIDS in their community. You can read more about it here:
http://www.sibanye.org.za/

On the weekends and after work, I will be exploring Cape Town and South Africa. I will post pics and a log of my experiences. So, feel free to e-mail me or send me a message while I'm away. Would love to hear from you... -C

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great cause, and a great adventure! Can't wait to read your stories.

udi

Unknown said...

Blog on Carol...blog on!!! :^)

Safe travels.