Thursday, January 31, 2008

Two Quick Things

If you want to see what it's like for me to drive through the townships to work every morning, check this link out.
http://gallery.mac.com/stephaniebull#100148
My roommate and I took video of our drive (excuse the cuts and the music--we are not professionals). Here's just one minute of what we see every day.

Also, there was a great article in the NY Times about the power outages here in South Africa. They started upon our arrival (3 weeks ago) and it looks like they are going to continue. It affects us at Sibanye almost daily and at the house. This is doing major damage to the economy.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/world/africa/31safrica.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ca, sounds like its been an amazing experience. I wish I had enough guts to leave my overworked, underpaid, stressed-out job to . . .
. . . I'm on the next plane.

Since life continues to move into the Bizarro world, I figured I share a recent life milestone. I was actually at the same bar in Williamsburg on Wed to watch a show with Victoria and her "he's not my boyfriend" boyfriend. I think she tried to keep him away from me, and for good reason, but never the less the damage is done. I think I've appropriately scarred him and he'll never come around again . . . an older brother's job is never done.

With that new experience in mind, I think I've officially crossed over into a parallel universe. The Giants are IN the Superbowl, Giuliani is OUT, Mccain is IN and Barak is staring down Hillary like she took his lunch money.

My first blog, Marc will be so proud.

-Chris

Daniel Capece said...

Ca, Does the "blackout" mean you can't watch the Superbowl? What time would it be anyway? This is the weekend that Mom and I were suppose to go to NYC to the play that you and the gang "gifted". I have a sinus thing going on and have problems getting off the couch. Mom is taking Lauren nrxt door in my stead. Going through your mail, assuming you're e-paying everything. Nothing from Bloomies yet. I will e-mail with specific questions. It's nice to hear about your Baby Sister on the blog - makes me crazy. I'll have to interrogate your Brother. Only kidding, Vic is doing well - She moved into her new place yesterday. Paul and Chris helped Mom move a couple of things. Nice place -nice roomate - good location near school. It's a wonderful life. Mom is pleased that Vic is working hard at school and softball. Maybe we will take a "roadtrip" when you return. Signing off for now - If you need anything e-mail at the office. Keep up the good work. Love, Dad.